Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Is it Tuesday the 19th  already??
 
 
I had the time of my life in San Diego and now I'm in the middle of the ocean on my way to the big island  ( Honolulu) in Hawaii. So far this experience has been incredible minus the sea sickness part. I ended up getting so sick that i needed a shot, but so far its worked really well ( knock on wood). Sunday night and all day monday consisted of orientations, and today was the first day of classes. I had global mental health and global studies today, and so far they seem amazing and im anxious to learn more about these subjects. We left mexico on sunday night an hour behind, but when the harbor masters set us free, EVERYONE was ont he back deck screaming and chanting, its such a sureal feeling. Am i really on a voyage around the world? I nned to keep reminding my self that over and over because it really doesnt seem real. The boat is pretty big and i've gotten lost a few times, and its hard to get used to using military time. On a side note, i used my cellphone for my alarm clock this morning and i set it for 7, however, i forgot about the time change and woke up to get ready at 4 am. Whoops! good thing my roommate woke up and informed me that i was crazy. I'm looking forward to the big island and hilo!

No comments:

Post a Comment